4 December 2007
Dear IPC Members
By now all countries have had an opportunity to provide comments and suggestions to the IPC Business Plan put forward in July this year.Â A result of the responses is set out below :
- International Rules – At all international tests, tournaments will be played according to the International Rule Book as amended 30 April 2007.Â Provision will be made if the hosting of the event varies in some way (eg inclusion of a 7th or 8th player) then this will be permitted provided that the competing nations agree prior to the event.Â Countries will continue to play their local tournaments according to their domestic rules.
- Anti Doping Policy – The IPC encourages all Countries to adopt their own Local Anti Doping program, a copy of which should be forwarded to the IPC Secretary.
- IPC Constitution – The Constitution should be reviewed at every IPC meeting and amended as the need arises.
- Umpires – Â A world umpiring meeting to be held with the Chief Umpires from all member countries under the Chairmanship of the Co-ordinator of Umpires.Â Umpire grading to be standardized worldwide.Â This meeting should be held in conjunction with an IPC meeting in the UK in 2009.
- International Tours – All Countries hosting International Tours should forward their itineraries to the IPC Secretary for distribution to member countries. This is to avoid duplicated invitations and will enable a better rotation of International events.
- Junior Development – Junior Polocrosse starting from U/14 and up to be developed in all countries.Â Polocrosse to be promoted more aggressively amongst the juniors, as well as new members sourced.
- Internationals – The IPC will support and not dictate to its member countries regarding Internationals.
- Coaching – The IPC to establish a coaching accreditation program amongst all countries and supplying names of members willing to do coaching in other countries.Â Australia’s expertise in this field to be utilized.
- Seeding for World Cup series – Top five positions automatically qualify for next World Cup (Australia, United Kingdom, South Africa, New Zealand, Zimbabwe).Â A mechanism to be developed for remaining three positions from the four full member countries (Ireland, USA, Canada, Zambia).Â Consideration also to include affiliate member countries (France, Holland, Norway).
- Affiliation Fees – New fee structure approved on 30th April 2007 (which will come into effect in 2008) will realise an income of AU$6,300 per annum.Â This amount will be sufficient to fund an IPC meeting in 2009 and again in 2011 (air fares and accommodation for IPC secretary only).Â However, additional resources will be required if the IPC funds the attendance of the Co-ordinator of Umpires at regular meetings.
PRESIDENT:Â INTERNATIONAL POLOCROSSE COUNCIL